Saturday 29 September 2012

elecampane

 The top photo shows the results of dyeing llama fibres with Elecampane flowers in a flask; I was pleased with the resulting golden yellow shade. The second picture shows the dyed Elecampane on the right while the left hand shot is llama fibres dyed with diluted Dye-na- flow paint which turned it a soft, coral pink the latter needs to be heat set.
I have started using the compost from my Bokashi composter. After leaving it in the compost bucket for 2 weeks I dug a trench, put in the partly digested plant material and covered it with soil. On returning to inspect it 2 weeks after that, I found the ground to be friable and free of debris even bones had decomposed. As the weather has been fine I have planted out garlic, shallots and onions to overwinter followed by peas and broad beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment