Wednesday 1 August 2012

rainforest

The first meeting of our U3A herb group was held today at my house with very enthusiastic and interesting members.
We had a brainstorming session where we made a list of possible subjects to cover; well over 20 so far. Afterwards I brought a bag of herbs from my garden to look at, some we tasted, others had lovely scents and a few were distributed for people to take cuttings from.
I have been making more jam but have felt rather overwhelmed by it all and mixed the strawberries with the raspberries in the jam pan by mistake. It will be interesting to see how it turns out, I have called it summer berry jam.
All the terrible wet weather we have had this summer reminded me of a piece of work which I enterered for the 2011 Hodgson Loom Gallery competition where I won the prize for the wallhanging category. It was titled Rainforest and some photos of it are shown below.

No comments:

Post a Comment